November 15, 2017
The Benefits of Fiscal Sponsorship
In this article, Vu Le encourages funders and prospective nonprofits to consider fiscal sponsorship. As an Executive Director of an organization offering fiscal sponsorship he knows that it can sometimes be viewed negatively, and makes the case for the positive aspects of fiscal sponsorship.
“Here are six main reasons we need to encourage, not discourage, organizations from pursuing fiscal sponsorship and not independent nonprofit status:
- It increases efficiency.
- It fosters transparency and accountability.
- It lets nonprofits focus on their work.
- It creates opportunities for collaboration and power building.
- It allows for new ideas to be tested.
- It supports grassroots, communities-of-color-led organizations.”